Here you will find the rules of the gym or, as we call them, the “Bill of Rights”:
Article 1 – Right to a Clean Facility
- Re-rack all weights even if you didn’t use them. The location you should put them is not where it is most convenient for you, but rather where they’re supposed to go.
- Leave the gym in better condition than it was found.
- Don’t track rain, dirt or mud onto the gym floor unless you plan on cleaning it up.
- Keep the chalk in the chalk buckets or on your hands!
Article 2 – Conditions Regarding “Attitude”
- Come to train, not “workout.”
- Leave your personal drama at home.
- Check your ego at the door.
- No excuses. Train like a champ.
- No whining.
- No “snitting” (un/intentionally miscounting reps during a workout)
- Help others be better than you.
Article 3 – Provisions Concerning Hygeine
- Use deodorant.
- Wear clean clothes (not stinky ones!).
- Don’t spit in the gym.
- If you puke, you clean.
- Don’t make a mess in the bathrooms.
- If you’re contagious, stay home!
Article 4 – Right of Respect
- Be on time.
- Respect others.
- No excessive use of profanity. (Please note, we are not G-rated)
- In the gym, we are all equal.
This list was adapted from “The Private Gym Bill of Rights” from EliteFTS.